It is finally that time of year again! Kids all across the country will be returning to school following the September long weekend.
As professional drivers, you should already be paying extra attention in certain situations, but this one is of the utmost importance.
Back to School Facts to Remember
- Go slow. Excessive speed is dangerous, lowers your handling and increases your stopping distance.
- No distraction is acceptable. Leave your phone and other items alone.
- Never pass in a school zone. You just can’t know where all the hidden dangers are.
- Obey the crossing guards. Your time isn’t more precious than someone’s life!
- Watch for school buses and of course the parents and children around them.
- Never pull out past a school bus with their lights and stop arm out